The Mango Athletic Club of San Francisco utilized team sports to bring the Filipino-American community together during the 1940s-1950s. Participants learned about health and fitness and were rewarded with fellowship and lifelong friendships. In this same Spirit of fitness and fellowship, the MANGO Hiking Club invites one and all to join us as we explore the natural world of the San Francisco Bay Area through monthly moderate level hikes.
Next Hiking Date: Sunday, March 22nd at 10am
Meeting Location: McLaren Park Hike – Meet at Parking Lot
Miles: 1.6 Miles
Trail Surfaces: Dirt trails and paved sidewalks
Estimated Time: 1 hour
- From Mission Street in the Excelsior District, turn East unto Persia Avenue
- Drive about 0.6 miles on Persia. A sign marks the part boundary
- Continue on Persia another 0.5 miles (Persia transitions into Mansell at the junction with Brazil – just continue straight)
- Turn left unto John F. Shelley Drive
- Proceed about 0.6 miles on Shelley Drive
- Turn right into a parking lot
Additional Notes: Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and bring lots of water.
PLEASE RSVP! Please email Theresa Imperial at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and how many other people are coming with you.
Please visit: http://manilatown-heritage-foundation.org/events/#mango for future hiking dates and meet-up locations.
For more information please contact Theresa Imperial at: email@example.com